- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Preheat oven to 375F degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots. In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.