Source: The Food Network
4 servings. Preparation: 15 min, cooking: 10 min
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat the broiler. Lightly oil the broiler pan. Toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl, then spread out on one side of the pan. Broil until the carrots begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the honey, mustard and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a small bowl. Brush the tops and sides of the salmon with the glaze. Put the salmon, skin-side down, on the other side of the broiler pan next to the carrots and season with salt and pepper. Broil until the salmon is golden brown and just cooked through and the carrots are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.