Source: Nourishing Traditions
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. In a small pan, mix bay leaf, cloves, salt, honey and cinnamon with water and bring to a boil.
2. Place cabbage in a heavy pan. Pour the spice mix over the cabbage and cook gently about 20 min.
3. Add the apple and cook another 10 min.
4. Remove cabbage with a slotted spoon to a heated serving dish and toss with butter and vinegar.