Source: Nourished and Nurtured blog
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup (8 oz) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of ground pepper and nutmeg
- 4 sausages, chopped into pieces
- In a 4 quarts pot, combine all ingredients, except the sausages. Cover the pot and cook over low heat for about 20 min, until the cabbage is mostly cooked. Stir occasionnally.
- Add chopped sausages tot eh pot and stir. If the sausages are already full cooked, they just need to be warmed through, and will be done in about 15 minutes. For raw sausages, cook them for at least 25 min.
- For the last 10-15 min of the cooking time, remove the lid from the pot and increase the heat slightly. This will allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
Serve and enjoy!